ŠKOCJAN CAVES, HRASTOVLJE CHURCH & PIRAN
Admire famous UNESCO`s Škocjan cave park. Explore the mighty underground of the cave and admire wild river Reka flowing through the biggest underground cave canyon in Slovenia. After the tour you will be heading towards Hrastovlje church to see the dance macabre fresco from 15th century and “Venice-looking” Piran to relax along the Adriatic sea.
- In the morning meet your Private guide at the pier in port Koper and head toward inland.
- Visit most known UNESCO site in Slovenia – Škocjan cave, named after a charming village Skocjan, built above the cave with traditional architecture of the area. In the cave you will explore the migty underground canyon (overall long 1500 meters-you visit some 500 meters) and walk accross 50 meters high bridge, above the river Reka.
- After the caves you will head towards unique “tabor” church in Hrastovlje with frescos from 1490 representing dance macabre and scenes from Old and New Testament. Church was in also surrounded with 8 meters high defensive walls, as a protection in front of Turks.
- Continue to the coast towards one of the oldest (and most beautiful) Slovenian towns – Piran to explore its narrow “Venetian” looking streets, beautiful Tartini square overlooked by St. George church.
- After some free time return to Koper to finish the tour
PRICES BEST OF ŠKOCJAN CAVES, HRASTOVLJE CHURCH & PIRAN
Skocjan caves with Hrastovlje church & Piran Offshore tour
Duration : 6 -7 hours
|PRICE :||380,00€ for a tour||430,00€ for a tour|
Private guide/driver with a
private car/van with all expenses
Entrance fees are paid
on the spot by clients.